|Mrs. Shields' Homepage- Welcome to 6th grade!Summer Reading Assignment (due Wednesday, August 30)
Summer Reading Suggestions
--------------------------Students in 6th grade literature and composition will be learning the following:
• elements of literature
• spelling strategies
• rich vocabulary
• exposure to several short stories, informational text, works of fiction and non-fiction, as well as the following novels: The Phantom Tollbooth, The Westing Game, The Red Umbrella, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and Iqbal.
• grammar, composition of sentences, paragraphs, letters, essays, and stories
• how to compose an email for professional purposes
• techniques for communicating writing, i.e. newspaper articles, brochures, response, book projects, all while using technology
• other miscellaneous useful items as well!